Mechanical Earth Anchors
Condor Projects specialises in reliable mechanical earth anchors that are designed to the specific needs of each individual project. Unlike many geotechnical engineering companies, we manufacture the anchors ourselves at our workshop facilities in Selby. This enables us to precisely tailor your earth anchors according to the ground conditions and loadings, ensuring that the solution we deliver is entirely bespoke to your requirements.
Having our own in-house fabrication and welding team allows us to keep our prices highly competitive, plus the ability to hire a company that designs, manufactures, and installs the system makes it a very smooth and efficient process.
How do mechanical earth anchors work?
Mechanical earth anchors do exactly what their name suggests, in that they anchor the earth in place to ensure it remains stable for many years to come. When active ground pressures have developed over time and threaten the stability of an area, the implementation of earth anchors counteracts the force and keeps the ground, wall, or structure firmly in place.
In response to our clients’ requirements, we’ve designed our own anchors that have a large surface area that’s linked to a high-yield tie bar or tendon. Here’s how it works:
- We first ascertain how far down the anchor needs to be placed, as each project is unique and will require a bespoke approach.
- Once manufactured, your earth anchors are then driven into the ground to the desired depth.
- A tensile load is applied to the tendon, causing it to rotate the anchor and lock it firmly into place.
- The exposed end is sealed into position and the ground or structure is now stabilised without the need for grouting.
Our mechanical earth anchors are made from either mild steel with a galvanised coating or fully stainless steel. Their respective strengths have been comprehensively examined and evaluated by an independent test company, which confirms the exact loadings that can be applied to each one.
The result is clarity and confidence from conception to completion, as any guesswork is replaced with precise calculations that bring long-term results.
The applications of earth anchors
Mechanical earth anchors can be applied to a wide range of situations, including:
- Ground stabilisation (embankments, cutting, failing crib walls)
- Telecommunications masts
- Lightweight structures
- Non-permanent structures
Our experts will always assess the site first to determine the most suitable course of action. If mechanical earth anchors won’t do the job, we’ll offer a range of effective and affordable alternatives.
Additional benefits of mechanical earth anchors
- Once installed across your site, the anchors can be loaded immediately. This is because there’s no grout involved, so you don’t have to wait for it to cure as you do with other drilled ground anchors.
- In the case of ground stabilisation, we can fit the anchors with structural and rockfall mesh for complete peace of mind. We can even give the anchor heads a decorative design if you’re looking for a stabilisation system that complements the aesthetics of its surroundings.
Mechanical ground anchors from Condor Projects are designed to last either 60 or 120 years, giving you a long-term stabilisation system that can be relied on for generations.
Why choose Condor Projects?
- We’re your one-stop-shop for the design, manufacture, and installation of mechanical earth anchors.
- Our engineers get the job done with minimal disruption to your site and its surrounding traffic.
- Thanks to it being a completely dry system, ground anchors from Condor Projects are an environmentally friendly solution.
- We’re committed to customer satisfaction, so you always receive a tailored solution for an excellent price.
To recieve a quote please contact us using the form below.